Anybus Communicator CAN - Modbus TCP
Integrate your CAN-based industrial devices and equipment to a Modbus TCP control system without the need for any changes to the device. Just connect, configure and you're done!
The Anybus Communicator is a proven and trusted protocol converter gateway that connects non- industrial devices with a CAN-based protocol to Modbus TCP. The gateway performs an intelligent protocol conversion and presents the CAN data to the PLC/Controller as easily processed I/O data.
The Communicator is slim stand-alone gateway designed for IP20 and DIN-rail mounting, requiring a 24-volt power supply. The Communicator is conformance tested to current Modbus TCP specifications guaranteeing network compatibility.
TYPICAL CAN APPLICATIONS
Typical CAN applications include variable frequency drives, sensors, actuators, human machine interfaces, barcode readers, RFID readers and industrial scales among others.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- CAN protocol converter gateways connecting CAN devices to fieldbus/Ethernet networks
- Support for custom CAN 1.0, 2.0A and 2.0B protocols
- Handles mixed Produce/Consume and Request/Response protocols and transactions
- No hardware or software changes needed to your devices
- No PLC code or function blocks required • Compatible with PLCs from all leading manufacturers
- Versions with Dual Port switched Ethernet allows for daisy chaining and eliminates the need for external switches
- High performance, fast throughput, max 5 ms
- Anybus Configuration Manager included for easy visual CAN frame building
- Dynamic transaction controlled by network master
- Global free technical support and consultancy
- See www.anybus.com for application notes and instruction videos on how to configure the gateway
CAN CONFIGURATION - ANYBUS CONFIGURATION MANAGER
The Anybus Configuration Manager (ACM) is included with the purchase of the Anybus Communicator.
- Graphical CAN frame building support using several ready-made CAN functions.
- Can configure any CAN 2.0A or 2.0B based protocol (11 and 29 bit identifiers).
- Configures upto 128 transactions containing a total of 256 CAN frames
- Monitor/Modify function of process I/O data informing of CAN transaction status
- Diagnostic transaction Live List in the network I/O informing of CAN transaction status
- Multi-language support, supporting English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Polish, Russian, Chinese and Japanese
- Handy Save/Load function allows for a completed configuration to be re-used for many other installations
- Password protection prevents unauthorized upload and download of configurations
MODBUS TCP INTERFACE FEATURES
- Modbus TCP class 0, class 1 and partially class 2 device/slave functionality
- Max 512 bytes Input and 512 bytes I/O data
- 10/100Mbit operation in full or half-duplex
- Dual RJ-45 ports available simultaneously with integrated switch for daisy chaining topology
- TCP/IP settings configurable with web-page, Configuration Tool, DHCP or ARP
||Configurable CAN 1.0, 2.0A and 2.0B based protocols
||20 kbit/s - 1 Mbit/s
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
||120 x 75 x 27 mm
4,72 x 2,95 x 1,06''
||150 grams, 0.33 lb
||IP20 Nema rating 1
||PC ABS, UL 94
||DIN rail (35 * 7,5/15)
||File number: E203225
||UL 508 Ind. Cont. Eq.
||CLASS 1, DIVISION 2, GROUPS A, B, C AND D, T4
||Zone 2, Cat 3 (except Modbus RTU)
||24 VDC +/- 10 %
||Max 300 mA, Typical 100 mA
|Reverse voltage protection
|Short circuit protection
|Galvanic isolation on subnetwork
||-25 to 55 o C, -13 to 131 o F
||-40 to 85 o C, -40 to 185 o F
||5-95% non condensing
||Up to 2 000 m