Anybus Communicator CAN - PROFINET-IRT
Integrate your CAN-based industrial devices and equipment to a PROFINET-IRT control system without the need for any changes to the device. Just connect, configure and you're done!
The Anybus Communicator is a proven and trusted protocol converter gateway that connects non-industrial devices with a CAN-based protocol to PROFINET-IRT. The gateway performs an intelligent protocol conversion and presents the CAN data to the PLC/Controller as easily processed I/O data.
The Communicator is slim stand-alone gateway designed for IP20 and DIN-rail mounting, requiring a 24-volt power supply. The Communicator is conformance tested to current PROFINET-IRT specifications guaranteeing network compatibility.
TYPICAL CAN APPLICATIONS
Typical CAN applications include variable frequency drives, sensors, actuators, human machine interfaces, barcode readers, RFID readers and industrial scales among others.
Features and benefits
- Saves machine builders and device manufacturers of integrating a CAN interface
- Allows system integrators to retro-fit older CAN-based automation devices into modern real-time PROFINET-IRT communication structures
- Requires no hardware or software changes to be made to the connected device
- Compatible with all PLCs with PROFINET-IRT support
- Performs complete CAN protocol conversion, no PLC function blocks required
- Flexible CAN frame building method for both Response/Request or Produce/Consume protocols
- Intelligent I/O data mapping within the Communicator permits even devices with slow CAN communication can be integrated without any restrictions to the upper network
- Integrated Email client, FTP server and embedded webserver for diagnostics and data visualization
- Always free technical support from HMS and our global Anybus Distributors
CAN configuration - Anybus Configuration Manager
The Anybus Configuration Manager (ACM) is included with the purchase of the Anybus Communicator.
- Graphical CAN frame building support using several ready-made CAN functions.
- Can configure any CAN 2.0A or 2.0B based protocol (11 and 29 bit identifiers).
- Configures upto 128 transactions containing a total of 256 CAN frames
- Monitor/Modify function of process I/O data informing of CAN transaction status
- Diagnostic transaction Live List in the network I/O informing of CAN transaction status
- Multi-language support, supporting English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Polish, Russian, Chinese and Japanese
- Handy Save/Load function allows for a completed configuration to be re-used for many other installations
- Password protection prevents unauthorized upload and download of configurations
PROFINET-IRT interface features
||120 x 75 x 27mm or 4,72 x 2,95 x 1,06"
||150g or 0,33 lbs
||-25 to +55 °C or 0 to +131 °F
||-40 to +85 °C or -40 to +185 °F
||USB (USB cable included)
||D-sub 9 Male (Included)
||On both CAN and BUS/Ethernet side
||IP20, NEMA rating 1
||DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard)
||20 kbit/s - 1 Mbit/s
||CAN 2.0A and 2.0B (11 and 29 bit identifiers)
||CE, CULUS, RoHS