Anybus X-gateway – CANopen Master – PROFIBUS Slave
The Anybus X-gateway CANopen provides a seamless connection between a PROFIBUS network and a secondary CANopen sub-network. This makes it possible to integrate CANopen devices into a PROFIBUS PLC system.
FAST COPYING OF I/O DATA
The X-gateway's primary function is fast transfer of cyclic I/O data between the two networks. I/O data from the PROFIBUS network is written into CANopen objects that can be mapped into CANopen PDOs and vice versa. The gateway acts as a full Master/Manager on the CANopen network and as a Slave on the PROFIBUS network. The data transmission between the two networks is completely transparent with a maximum data capacity of 510 bytes in each direction.
EASY CONFIGURATION - NO PROGRAMMING REQUIRED!
CANopen configuration can easily be made through the included Anybus Configuration Manager CANopen software, or with any other standard CANopen configuration tool. No programming skills are needed.
Features and benefits
- Fast copying of cyclic I/O data between a CANopen and PROFIBUS network (5 ms)
- Fulll CANopen Master/Manager functionality, eliminates the need for an PLC controller on the CANopen network
- Connects up to 126 CANopen slave devices
- Proven and tested with all PLC manufacturers
- Easy CANopen configuration via the included Anybus Configuration Manager software. No programming required
- Robust stand-alone housing for use in harsh industrial environments
- Global free technical support and consultancy
CANopen Master/Manager Interface
- CANopen Master/Manager implementation according to the CANopen specification DS301 v4.0.2.
- Connects up to 126 CANopen slaves
- Network Management (NMT) messages, to configure and initialize the network.
- Supporting 128 Receive PDOs and 128 Transmit PDOs, each can transfer up to 8 bytes.
- Up to 510 bytes of cyclic data in each direction (PDO)
- PDO message types: COS (Change of State), Cyclic Synchronous, Acyclic Synchronous.
- Synchronization Object (SYNC) is used for synchronizing PDO communication.
- Heartbeat Mechanism to monitor the status of nodes.
- Node Guarding/Life Guarding Protocol provides possibility to guard slaves or the master.
- EMCY (Emergency Object) is used for error reporting.
- LSS master functionality
- Can also function as a CANopen Slave
PROFIBUS Slave interface
PROFIBUS Slave settings can be made either via on-board switches, or by importing the provided .GSD file into engineering tool of the controlling PLC.
- Complete PROFIBUS-DP/DPV1 Slave functionality according to extensions of EN 50170
- Supports Class 1 & Class 2 services
- Automatic baudrate detection up to 12Mbit/s
- Max. Cyclic I/O data 244 bytes Input and 244 bytes Output, max 344 bytes total (in+out)
- Acyclic User Parameter data / Diagnostics length - up to 237 bytes
- Supports PROFIBUS features: Sync and Freeze and Watchdog
- PROFIBUS slave settings via on-board switches or vis .GSD file
- 1x D-sub 9-pin female PROFIBUS connector
||114 x 44 x 127mm or 4,49 x 1,73 x 5,00"
||400g or 0,880 lbs
||-25 to +65 °C or -13 to +149 °F
||-40 to +85 °C or -40 to +185 °F
||24 VDC +/- 20% via 2-pole 5.08 mm Phoenix pluggable screw connector
||max. 400mA (Typical 200mA)
||Aluminium and plastic
||Vertical / Flat*
||YES, on both BUS/Ethernet side
||IP20, NEMA rating 1
||DIN-rail (EN 50022 standard)
||via USB port with Anybus Configuration Manager software
||CE, CULUS, RoHS
Quick start documentation
Power supply not included
PLEASE NOTE: IXXAT USB-CAN configuration adapter (1.01.0281.12001) is not included and required for configuration of device
Configuration software is available for download.
1.01.0281.12001: XXAT USB-to-CAN V2 compact