M12 connectors come in a variety of configurations and this list is growing.
Here are the current configurations.
- A-coded for sensors, dc power and 1 Gbit Ethernet (Can Open & Devicenet)
- B-coded for Profibus & Interbus
- C-coded for ac power
- D-coded for 100 Mbit Ethernet (Profinet & Ethercat)
- X-coded for 10 Gbit Ethernet
- S-coded for ac power (will eventually replace C-coded power parts)
- T-coded for dc power (will eventually replace A-coded power parts)
- L-coded for power 12A / 63V AC or DC
- P-coded for early mate and last break PE contact
- Connector ranges include male and female connectors in 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 12 positions and Y Connectors