17020R (replaces 17010) - ProfiHub B5+R (replaces standard B5) - Procentec Vietnam
Due to the demands for high-speed networks, PROFIBUS DP must comply with strict guidelines concerning spur lines. The ProfiHub B5+R is the perfect cost-efficient solution to bridge user’s requirements and create reliable star networks. It is an essential component to obtain better control during maintenance and upgrading of the network. Note: B5+R replaces the standard PROCENTEC B5 unit, providing additional functionality with no physical design changes. The ProfiHub B5+R has the following unique features:
- DB9 connector as well as a screw connector
- Switchable termination on each segment
- Backbone repeater
Multi-Channel Repeater 'ProfiHub B5+R'
As an economic solution, the B5+R saves costs through the reduction of traditional PROFIBUS repeaters. This product is equipped with 5 galvanically isolated transparent repeaters on a single unit (offering 6 segments). Each segment can handle 31 devices and a cable length equal to the main bus. To save costs on plugs and offer flexibility, it contains screw terminals as well as DB9 connectors. The DB9 connectors are also perfect measurement points for ProfiTrace to quickly measure all segments. Termination for each segment is on-board and switchable.
For PROFIBUS network designs, the ProfiHub B5+R offers a reliable and robust backbone solution with robust message checking and selectable redundancy on communication and power supply. The extensive monitoring of messages in combination with redundancy on the communication and voltage, makes the ProfiHub the perfect access port for network components. An alarm contact is linked to events based on the status of the power supply and the bus redundancy if this is enabled. Unlimited cascading of repeaters is possible with 1200 meter spur lines.
The ProfiHub B5+R is a powerful package to ensure reduced installation complexity, increased time utilization and better deployment of project resources. The ProfiHub B5+R is used in several application areas worldwide.
Features ProfiHub B5+R
- 5 galvanically isolated channels (6 segments)
- Configurable grounding system
- Redundant power supply
- Bus redundancy option
- Star, tree and bus structured networks
- Alarm contact
- Monitoring port per channel
- Certifications: UL Listed, DNV, FCC, CE
- Hot slave insertion/removal during operation
- Short circuit protection on each channel
- Compact and robust construction
- Screw terminals and DB9 connectors can be mixed
- Conveniently arranged networks
- Extendable installations
- Cost saving
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- PROFIBUS DP Connectors
PROFIBUS and PROFINET DP, PA and Industrial Ethernet cables and connectors.
ProfiTrace is an essential analyzer tool for maintenance and troubleshooting for PROFIBUS networks.
- Terminator T1
By using this component it is possible to turn off, remove or replace devices without disturbing the bus communication.
This product is UL-listed. Read more about UL-certification.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 167 x 113 x 33 mm
- Weight: 490 grams
- Material: Aluminium
- Fixation: Din rail mounted
- Appropriate : DB9 and screw connectors
- Operating temperature: ‐25° ... +70° Celsius
- Storage temperature: ‐25° ... +70° Celsius
- Relative air humidity: 95%
- Ingress Protection: IP 20 (IEC/EN 60529)
- Operating voltage: 12 ... 24 VDC
- Absolute max. rated voltage: 9 ... 31 VDC
- Nominal power use: 1.75 W
- Input current(24VDC): 73 mA
- Alarm contact: Max. 24 VDC/0.5 A
- Connection speed: 9.6 Kbps .. 12 Mbps (automatic detection)
Standards and approvals
- Conformity Marking: CE,FCC
- DNV: Certificate numer: A-13659
- DNV: Temperature D
- DNV: Humidity B
- DNV: Vibration A
- DNV: EMC B
- DNV: Enclosure IP20
- UL: ITE E365044
- EMC immunity of interference acc. to: EN 55024 (2010)
- EMC emission of interference acc. to: EN 55022 (2010) + C1 (2011)